Accountant and Finance Manager Position Description
Organizational Summary: Established in 2005, Way to Go is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization empowering low-income workers in Harrisonburg and Rockingham County to improve their quality of life through access to reliable and affordable transportation. In 2021, our transportation services impacted nearly 700 adults and children. We currently have an immediate opening for an Accountant and Finance Manager to assist with professional administrative needs for our growing organization.
Position Title: Accountant and Finance Manager
Position Summary: The Accountant and Finance Manager will provide support with the financial management and development functions as it relates to the monitoring and reporting of the income and expenses of the organization. This is a part time, non-exempt hourly position which reports directly to the Executive Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Processing accounts payable and receivable.
• Prepare monthly financial reports of the organization’s activities to be presented to the Board of Directors.
• Generate other financial reports as needed by the organization to satisfy grantor or funder reporting requirements, or to track program and services expenses.
• Work with the Board Treasurer to reconcile all accounts on a monthly basis.
• Supporting monthly and year-end close processes.
• Create and track budgets (yearly, quarterly, per special event, or ad-hoc) to ensure the organization is meeting its goals and grantor funding requirements.
• Maintain an organized filing system for all vendor invoices, revenue sources, credit card statements, and banking statements.
• Monthly data entry of all client services and organizational expenses into Microsoft Access database.
• Supporting all external and internal audit activities and inquiries to include preparing all audit documentation.
• Payroll processing and reporting.
• Provide administrative support for special events as needed.
• Other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
• Associate’s degree minimum; Bachelor’s degree preferred in the accounting or finance field.
• Proficient in bookkeeping and strong knowledge of computer technology and software, especially QuickBooks.
• Demonstrated ability to learn systems and processes quickly.
• Must be an excellent problem solver and communicator, with strong attention to detail and administrative skills, as well as the ability to meet deadlines.
• An understanding of and commitment to the mission of Way to Go: To empower low-income, working households in Harrisonburg-Rockingham to improve their quality of life by assisting them with their transportation needs.
Schedule: This part time position is expected to work 15-20 hours per week. The hired individual will have dedicated office space inside the Way to Go office suite located within the Plecker Center for Community Philanthropy at The Community Foundation of Harrisonburg-Rockingham office complex in downtown Harrisonburg. Possibility of some remote work.
Compensation: Commensurate with education and experience.
To Apply: Send resume, cover letter, and list of three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be reviewed as they are received and must be submitted no later than April 22, 2022.
Way to Go does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or for any other discriminatory reason in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to: hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of client services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
Way to Go is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate and will take affirmative action measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, color, gender, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran’s status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.