Thank you for your interest in Way to Go, Inc. We invite you to help us assist low-income working families become more self-sufficient by donating a vehicle to our program or making a monetary gift to our organization. Since we are an IRS designated 501-c-3 charitable organization, all gifts to us qualify as tax-deductible.
Way to Go, Inc. has also been issued Virginia tax credits through the Neighborhood Assistance Program. Contributions of at least $500 can earn a 65% tax credit for individuals, and businesses can earn a 65% tax credit for contributions of at least $616.
Donations of used vehicles:
- Vehicles that can be awarded to clients qualify as tax deductible at their “fair market value.” Fair market value can be determined by entering information on the potential donation at the Kelley Blue Book website. It is the donor’s responsibility to set the “fair market value.”
- Vehicles not suitable for awards to our clients are accepted with the understanding they will be “wholesaled” and the amount we receive for them put into our program. The price for which the vehicle is “wholesaled” is the amount that qualifies as the tax deductible amount for the donor’s contribution.
Over 97% of each dollar you contribute to our program goes directly for client services!
If you donate $25, it can be used to:
- purchase a County decal or help purchase a City decal
- help pay the DMV fee for title and/or license plates
If you donate $50, it can be used to:
- pay a typical month of vehicle insurance for a family
- get a worker to their job for several days while their car is in the shop
If you donate $100, it can be used to:
- help purchase two new tires for a vehicle
- pay for an inspection and minor repairs needed to pass a vehicle