Let Way to Go Help You!
We provide several services to assist low-income, working families with their vehicle transportation needs. All clients served fall below 200% of the Federal Poverty Level. In order to receive services, clients must meet the following requirements:
- reside in either the City of Harrisonburg or Rockingham County;
- employed or have a verifiable job offer; and
- recommendation by a community organization or agency familiar with the family’s needs, resources, and work history.
- providing a donated or assisted-purchased vehicle
- repairs, including State inspection
- vehicle insurance payments
- vehicle fees (DMV, City/County decals)
- gas vouchers
- monthly vehicle payment to bank or finance company
- taxi trips while vehicle is in the shop
- driving lessons in order to obtain VA driver’s license
- other urgent needs necessary to maintain employment
Community organization/agency referral application:
- Way to Go Referral Application (for all services, including clients seeking a vehicle)
Community agencies and organizations referring clients to Way to Go for services must complete and return this form.Agency Referral Form_Way to Go
Vehicle acquisition applications (to be completed by referring agent and client together):
- Vehicles for Change (for TANF-eligible clients seeking a vehicle)
Clients who have received TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families) public assistance payments within the past two years are eligible to finance a vehicle through our partners at Vehicle for Change. Clients must work with their referring agent to complete this application.
- WorkCars application
In partnership with Farmers & Merchant Bank, the WorkCars program provides Way to Go-approved clients with bank-rate vehicle financing. In addition to the eligibility requirements listed above, clients must show a strong work record and sufficient monthly budget to qualify for this program.Clients must work with their referring agent to complete this application.
WorkCars Client Application_Way to Go
- Donated Vehicle application
Clients in need of a vehicle who do not qualify for our WorkCars program can apply for a donated vehicle. Donated vehicles, provided by members of our community, are awarded to Way to Go-approved clients at no cost. Clients must work with their referring agent to complete this application. Way to Go_Donated Vehicle Program Application